Paris Webquest Questions
1. When was the Paris Metro built?
2. What makes the Metro unique?
3. Why is the Paris Metro considered the easiest to follow in the world?
4. Why is it important for a city like Paris to have a efficient public transportation system?
The Eiffel Tower
1. The Eiffel tower once had a job to do. What was it?
2. The Eiffel Tower was built to commemorate the centenary of the French Revolution. What does that mean?
3. How does the Eiffel Tower symbolize a victory?
symbol would you create to symbolize a victory of your own?
The Arc de Triomphe
1. Who commissioned it and why?
2. The Arc de Triomphe has an eternal flame. What does that symbolize?
3. What kind of monuments do we have in our country's capital?
4. What kind of ceremonies are held at the Arc de Triomphe?
1. Why did the expensive building make many French citizens angry?
2. Versailles is a building of opulance. Can you think of a modern day building that represents the same kind of wealth?
3. What would it be like to have your life on display for the public like the past kings? Can you think of anyone that lives like that today?
4. Why did Louis XIV (Louis 14th) call himself the Sun King?
1. What was the Louvre before it became a museum?
2. What works of art did you see that you were familiar with?
3. Why do you think the Louvre is such an important museum?
one of the other museums. How does the art there differ from the art works
in the Louvre?
Notre Dame de Paris
1. How long did it take to complete the cathedral? How old is it?
2. What was the cathedral used for during the French Revolution?
3. What are gargoyles? What is their function?
cathdral is an example of what kind of architecture?
The Opera House
1. When was it built?
2. What kind of criticism has the building received?
3. Operas are no longer performed here. What is?
4. How many storys (storeys) tall is it?
1. What are the French words for breakfast, lunch and dinner?
2. Look at the menus. What would you order? Can you tell what anything is?
3. How do French meals described differ from American meals?
4. When do Parisians eat dinner?
1. What is the English translation of Haute Couture?
2. Where are the French fashion shows held?
3. What is surprising about the man who started the fashion industry in France?
4. Who do you think buys these clothes?