EDUINDP 320: Integrated Curriculum 3-5 Year Olds
EDUINDP 452: Integrated Curriculum 6-8 Year Olds
EDUINDP 212: Children and Families in a Diverse Society
EDUINDP 332: Reflective seminar (Identity, Culture and Social Justice)
EDUINDP 441: Preschool Field Supervision
EDUINDP 331: Infant/Toddler Field Supervision
EDUINDP 443: Kindergarten Field Supervision
EDP 461/462/465: 1st/2nd Grade Inclusive and Special Education Supervision
Ph.D. Curriculum and Instruction, University of Wisconsin - Madison
M.S. Education, Old Domiion University, Virginia
B.S. Business, Indiana University - Bloomington
Race, culture and identity in early education; integrating early childhood curriculum; critical theoretical perspectives; culturally relevant pedagogy; policy issues of equity and access in early education.
Wheelock College, Assistant Professor
Tenney Nursery and Parent Center, Director
UW- Preschool Lab, Director
Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwe School, Classroom Teacher
- Michael-Luna, S. & Heimer, L. (2011). Comprehensive Curricula: The Creative Curriculum and High Scope. In Curriculum in Early Childhood: Reexamined, Rediscovered, Renewed. File, N., Mueller, J., & Wisneske, D. (Eds.), Routledge.
- Heimer, L. (2006). Voices at the table: the deconstruction of the policy process for a local preschool initiative. In Practical Transformations and Transformational Practices: Globalization, Postmodernsim, and Early Childhood Education. Ryan, S. & Grieshaber, S. (Eds.), Elsevier.
- Heimer, L. (2006). Book review of A practical guide to early childhood curriculum: Linking thematic, emergent, and skill-based planning to children’s outcomes by Evelyn Petersen, Contemporary Issues in Early Childhood, 7 (1).
- Heimer, L. & Winokur, J. (In Preparation). Preparing teachers of young children: How is an interdisciplinary curriculum approach understood, supported and enacted among key stakeholders?
- Heimer-Dadds, J. & Heimer, L. (In Preparation). The Metabolizing Methodology of Art in Claiming E.C.E. Teacher Identities: Arts Infused Identities Dialogue (AIID).
- Heimer, L. (In Preparation). Pre-Service Teachers’ Love/Hate Relationship with a Racial/Cultural Self and Society.